Senior Housing Forum is a website that is focused on publishing articles that are of interest to developers and operators of senior living communities.
There are 6 fundamental principals behind Senior Housing Forum
- We are Not Primarily a News Source – There are already several great free and paid sites that provide current senior living news, we are more focused on asking two questions:
- What does it mean?
- How will it impact the industry?
- We Question Everything – The thing that gets industries and businesses into trouble more than anything else is assuming the way things worked before (something that may in itself be an assumption that is not true) will continue to work. We ask hard questions and tackle difficult issues.
- We Love Comments – It is of course great fun to get comments that agree with what our writers say, but we love contrary positions even more. It is those comments that make the industry better.
- We Don’t Moderate Comments – If you write a comment it will get published (unless of course it is SPAM and we have a pretty good filter for that.) Since we published our first article we have not removed more than one or two comments and never removed a comment because the opinion was contrary.
- We Are Curious People – All of the regular writers are very curious people who know they don’t know it all. We are always learning and challenging our own assumptions.
- We are Not Perfect – Because of this we welcome comments, suggestions and criticisms and corrections of typos.
Finding Your Way Around
There are currently five content areas at Senior Housing Forum
1. Featured Articles
Featured articles are mostly original content written specifically for Senior Housing Forum. Though occasionally we will republish an article we really like from another site (always with permission). We are currently publishing four to ten featured articles per week. Unless the article is an announcement the ability to comment will always be turned on.
2. News From Around The Web
The right side column features articles we think would be of interest to senior living professionals. Many will be directly related to senior living and others will be cross industry articles on management, marketing and human relations. And finally, occasionally they will be something that is just for fun.
The Calendar features mostly national events that are of interest to the senior living community. If you have something you would like to have added, shoot me an email.
4. Banner Ads/Partners
Part of what makes Senior Housing Forum work is a group of partners that provide products and services to the senior living industry. The way or partner program works is that we periodically write articles that talk about how our partners help improve the lives of seniors by helping senior living providers do a better job of serving seniors.
As we write these articles the goal is of course to promote partners but also to give you ideas that will assist your business even if you never use the partners services or products.
If you are a vendor and are interested in becoming a partner email Steve Moran
More On Commenting
While we welcome all comments there are a few common sense rules we ask everyone to observe:
- No content that is obscene or offensive.
- If the content is completely unrelated to the discussion. This means blatant unrelated product or service promotion, it will be removed. We call this SPAM of course.
The Blog Publisher
My name is Steve Moran and I publish Senior Housing Forum and speak on the senior living industry and the broader aging economy. I live in the Sacramento, California area.
I stumbled into senior housing in the 1980’s shortly after graduating from college. I have developed and operated a number of assisted living communities and multiple levels of care campuses.
I took a 10 year detour into the world of high tech but returned to senior living in 2011.